Sunday, March 15, 2015

Copper Halo Eye Went Wicked


What makes a halo eye sexier?
Dat inner wing, in my opinion!

You kind of can't go wrong with this pigment. It's Vegas Lights by Makeup Geek. It's a beautiful copper and there's not much else to say other than LOOK AT IT. REAL CLOSE.



I knew I wanted to do a halo eye, but I wanted it to feel more wicked. So I added a simple inner and outer wing and made sure the blending made it look like the pointy parts were emerging out of the darkness of the corners. From there, patting on the pigment to highlight the center of my lids was simple and awesome.



I think this is a really fun way to do a halo eye but add some extra sexiness. I wore this to a pole dance showcase and got lots of compliments. It felt perfect for the atmosphere!

Product List

Face-
  • Nyx Color Correcting Primer (green one)
  • Ben Nye translucent setting powder
  • Mac Face and Body, equal parts N1, C1, and White (used the powder under foundation method)
  • OCC Creme Color Concentrate in John Doe
  • Nyx Blush in Taupe
Eyes- 
  • Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear
  • Makeup Geek Vegas Lights pigment
  • Sleek Makeup random peachy color form a palette
  • Random dark brown eyeshadow (from Nude'Tude I think)
  • Makeup Geek Gel Liner in Immortal (black)
  • Red Cherry Lashes #WSP, with #201s cut up and glued on top
  • Anastasia Dipbrow in Ebony mixed with Makeup Geek gel liner in Poison (brows)
Lips
  • Nyx Matte Lipstick in Spirit 

6 comments:

  1. Everything about this is phenomenal! The copper is so striking against your brown eyes. Stunning! x

    Becoming Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent so much time in the past 24 hours looking through your archive, and I don't know how to express my admiration for your talent and your FACE without sounding creepy. But I'm genuinely curious how you reached this level of skill! I've been wearing eyeshadow for two years now and I'm still not satisfied with my technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My technique was NOT where it is today when I started! For me the key is practice, and getting to know your own face. Understand where the light hits your faces, where there are natural shadows, and you can manipulate that. Understand how you WANT to look, and let that vision guide how you do your makeup. And the more you work with a certain part of your face, the better you get to know it. I was better at winged eyeliner than contouring at one point, simply because I never worked with my cheekbones and always worked with my eyes. For years on and off I would take whatever simple makeup I wore to work that day and add to it, doing whatever I wanted right before I took it all off and took a shower. I just DID makeup a lot, and started finding ways to make it work. Having decent products and brushes helps a lot, but without a vision, you won't be satisfied with your work. Just my two cents!

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! The makeup is just so striking and stunning!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing. I love halos and I think I need Vegas Lights x

    ReplyDelete