Tuesday, February 17, 2015

#breakinginstatrends


I found a tag on instagram I actually really like, #breakinginstatrends.
As far as I can tell, the tag was either created or made popular by @ambermdean. It features things I love seeing in makeup: interesting textures, colors, and shapes, all in intriguing combinations that stretch the imagination. There's a difference between doing something crazy for the sake of it being different or contrary to trends, and doing something artful. Ambermdean is artful!

This particular look was inspired by one of my favorite instagram artists, @chloemish_makeup. I tried to kind of recreate a look she did with whatever I had on hand, and this is what it turned out like!

OCC John Doe contour


Makeup Geek Bitten & Cocoa Bear, MUFE burgundy shadow, Darling Girl pigment in Blue Flame

I used a duochrome pigment by Darling Girl Cosmetics called Blue Flame, which, as you might expect, shifts from red to blue. It's bomb.

Darling Girl pigment in Blue Flame

I don't own Fyrinnae Mephisto pigment, but from what I can tell and what some redditors said, Blue Flame is really similar.

Anyway, just wanted to share these on here! I have a review coming up as soon as the weather clears up a bit here so I can take some good swatch pictures. Until then, keep it messy and check out the #breakinginstatrends tag for some cool inspiration!

Product List:

FACE

  • Mac Face and Body, equal parts N1, C1, and White
  • OCC Creme Colro Concentrate in John Doe, set with Nyx Taupe (contour)
EYES
  • Darling Girl Cosmetics pigment in Blue Flame
  • UD Electric Pallete in Chaos (just a touch on the inner corner)
  • Makeup Geek Bitten (crease) and Cocoa Bear (bottom lash line)
  • MUFE No. 162 burgundy shadow (old numbering system)
  • Nude'Tude black eyeshadow (bottom lashline)
  • Red Cherry Lashes in WSP and some other ones cut up and smushed in there
  • Brows: Anastasia Dipbrow in Ebony mixed with MUG gel liner in Poison
LIPS
  • Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Natural
  • Nyx Butter Gloss in Creme Brullee

2 comments:

  1. Incredibly stunning! I think I need to go pick up blue flame after seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to see you post again! Also love the color of your hair! Don't know if it's recent or if I just haven't seen it in a while lol but I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete