Friday, October 24, 2014

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows


I FINALLY got some more Makeup Geek eyeshadows! I did a look inspired by Samantha's orange halo eye, ok I basically DID the orange halo eye. Anyway, the shadows are amazing quality and I'll leave it at that.

A little life update/follow up: Construction and remodeling on the house is basically done, now it's the reshuffling phase where everything is moving around! As far as my laptop, I replaced the harddrive in my old one, sold it on ebay, and got the OK to use my work laptop for all purposes. SWEET! It's a really great laptop made for photo and video editing and gaming. Dreams come true. Anyway, I have some tutorials half recorded, just have to finish them up! By the looks of it, things won't slow down for another week or two, but I'm so looking forward to getting back in the swing of some youtube fun.

Back to the makeup!

The first photos I did with my new Nyx Wicked Lippies in Wrath with a bit of Makeup Geek pigment in Vegas Lights pressed into the center, and the rest are just with a nice nude/pink lip. Full look at the Nyx Wicked Lippies I got is coming!


I used Makeup Geek shadows in Cocoa Bear, Goddess, Vanilla Bean, Shimma Shimma, and I used a bit of dark matte brown from Nude'Tude to deepen the crease and lower lash line. Lashes are Red Cherry #43 stacked on #510s.


I think I used Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Natural or Mauve, and their Matte lipstick in Spirit for this lip, and I probably threw some Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee in the center. I don't quite remember, but that's kind of my go to.



The shadows are just as magical as everyone is saying. Don't ask my how Cocoa Bear, a warm matte brown, is everything you'll ever want from life, but it somehow is. Goddess is a gorgeous color to pair it with if you want the orangey warm thing that seems to be on everyone's mind right now. So yeah, if you were wondering if you should pull the trigger on some MUG stuff, do it.

Product List:

FACE
  • Nyx Photo Ready Primer
  • Maybelline FitMe foundation in the palest one
  • Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer in Ultra Light (highlighting)
  • Nyx Taupe Blush
EYES
  • NARS Pro Prime
  • Makeup Geek shadows: Vanilla Bean, Shimma Shimma, Cocoa Bear, Goddess
  • Dark brown shadow from Nude'Tude (TheBalm)
  • Red Cherry Lashes #43 and #510 stacked
  • Makeup Geek gel liner in Poison (red) mixed with Anastasia Dipbrow in Ebony for brows
LIPS
  • Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Natural
  • Nyx Matte lipstick in Spirit
  • Nyx Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee
Thanks for viewing!




4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm following you on instagram, but still it's nice to see an update on the blog. And I almost asked about some video tutorials, and you say they're coming.. double yay!
    I've actually been eyeing MUG shadows for a while, but for some reason went for some Coastal scents ones, because I wanted to try a lot of different ones, but couldn't spend almost thrice as much.. Not saying those are of equal quality, as I haven't tried any of MUG shadows (hopefully I still will), but I have one which looks pretty similar to Cocoa bear, and yeah, I've been using it quite a lot, even as a brow powder to add some redness to my brows to match my hair color better. I still want at least two pigments, Utopia and Insomnia, aaah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Utopia AND Insomnia, they are both really awesome! The MUG shadow quality is just so top notch, I actually sold a palette I bought recently because I would rather use that money on more MUG shadows.

      Delete
  2. You look great! The orange-brown shadows really emphasizes your freckles, and I absolutely love it! What do you think of the NYX Wicked Lippies?

    http://bashsayshey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE them, actually! I have 6, I've worn 3, I want to wear the other 3 and take photos and cram it all into one post. But overall, I really love them, much more than the Macarons actually!

      Delete